Perfect apartment or house for a modern man — a beauty not only inside but also outside, combined with high quality products and materials, their reliability, long service life and versatility. Staircase design is a mandatory element of the interior of many houses, cottages and multi-level apartments, as it is clear in the photo from our catalog. From the point of view of practicality, many owners prefer materials such as concrete and stainless steel. However, if you want to enjoy the product in full, you will need to finish the stairs with wood, which you can always carry out with your own hands.
Why should you finish metal stairs with wood?
Solid metal stairs are famous for particularly, strength and durability. Due to these factors, they leave wood products far behind. Why may such a product require finishing with natural wood with your own hands?
- monolithic metal ladders are different by simple design and often don’t combine with other elements and subjects of the interior of the house. This serious minus will help to correct facing by natural wood with beautiful texture and pleasant color scale;
- finishing with your own hands is effective if you want to protect yourself and your loved ones. Wood is an environmentally friendly material that does not cause irritation and allergic reactions in people who have to interact with it constantly. In addition, you will save your households from sharp metal corners, which are so dangerous monolithic metal staircase;
- due the help of wood, you can increase the comfort of the stair design — just order convenient railings and balustrades at a bargain price. They will be a wonderful decoration of your home and successfully complement any interior;
- despite the fact that the stairs made of metal and concrete have a very high degree of reliability and durability, it is always worth taking care of additional protection of the product. Finishing the wood with your hands, you can expect that all negative impacts will be faced with veneer. A wooden plate can be easily replaced in case of damage.
How can you choose wood for veneer?
Choosing natural wood for facing, it is necessary to focus on several important parameters. First of all, consider the conditions under which the finished staircase structure will be operated — temperature and humidity level. Tree species should be matched to conditions.
If the product is used at home, think about the compatibility of wood with the interior — you can explore the photo structure and colors.
It is also important to pay attention to the price of finishing material and ease of handling. This is especially important if you carry out finishing with your own hands. If you are going to use the services of a professional company, examine the price of services and photos of the work of specialists.
Step-by-step finishing of stair constructions with you own hands
Once you have picked up the material and chose the nature and design of the cladding, you can explore the models of stairs, presented in the photo in the catalog of our website and proceed to the finish. You can perform this procedure in several steps:
- Alignment. Before facing procedure it is important to correct all defects of the processed product. The method of alignment (screed, logs, sanding or self-leveling mixture) is selected depending on what material the structure is made of. When designing the veneer, be sure to take into account the nature of the wood and the thickness of the used material, this will help you to perform all the work from the first time without additional alignment after the veneer.
- Before laying the facing material, plywood with high moisture-repellent characteristics is laid. It is secured by means of dowel-nails.
- Then you will need to carry out laying of facing material that is attached to the plywood sheets. At first, steps are fixed and then you should fix baseboards, handrails and balusters. This is done with glue and screws.
- The final stage — decoration. You should mount the decorative details, and the wood is treated with stains, enamels and clear varnish that will help to emphasize the structure of the material.
Having studied the presented article and got acquainted with a photo on the website, you will be able to make ideal finishing of a ladder for your interior. Share information with your friends and don’t forget to leave comments.