09 Feb Universal ladder: independent production
If you are going to make repairs or to go to the country to harvest fruits, or to hang a picture on the wall, or just to replace the curtains, you won’t do without a stepladder or a universal ladder. Today such a thing is present in almost every home – and this is not surprising: it becomes possible to carry out a wide range of applications. It is not necessary to buy in a store such a complex subject as a telescopic stepladder qh 2×8, or products from Elkop and Krause. Two-section stepladder can be easily produced with their hands.
The purpose and structure of the modern ladders
The two-section ladder is a useful multifunctional product in everyday life. It helps you to perform the following work:
- carrying out repairs in the apartment such as wall papering, painting walls and whitewashing the ceiling, you just can not do without the production Elkop and Krause;
- work with electricity: wiring, lighting;
- minor household repairs;
- harvesting fruit crops.
This tool will have a standard device regardless of its modifications. That is, the design of the domestic ladder “Dynamics” and other models from global manufacturers, such as Krause and Elkop, will be about the same.
If you want to make a versatile ladder with your own hands, it is important to understand that any tool will include the following elements:
- several steps – standard universal stair count up to ten degrees. Note the important point: a large number of steps cause a negative impact on sustainability;
- front and rear racks are attached to the first stage and the second is required to create equilibrium;
- platform, which is used not only as the last step, but in order to fully stand on it. Thanks to the ladders-step ladders with a platform you can get your hands free for work;
- belt, designed to stand in one piece, is attached in the middle. Its function is performed by specialized metal bars in many models of tools from leading manufacturers, such as Krause and Elkop;
- tips for the legs, providing reliable coupling with the floor. Universal anti-slip material is usually plastic or rubber.
After studying the design of the staircase, you can begin to manufacture the ladder with your own hands. Of course, if this is your first experience of self-production, you will not be able to perform work at the level of experts, such as Krause and Elkop. It is also unlikely that you will be able to assemble the telescopic step-ladders QH 2×8, but if you are diligent, you will make a good, quality and reliable fly.
Make a ladder with your own hands
the tools and the main stages of work
If you want to manufacture the ladders with your hands you’ll need aluminium or any other metal. Don’t forget to follow standards of electrical safety and isolate the instrument during the entire period of operation with electrical equipment. Of course, the factories Elkop or Krause insulate their ladders through special equipment.
At home this can be achieved by stitching metallic elements with rubber or winding of the tape.
If you want to manufacture the ladders with your hands, you’ll need the following tools:
- a pencil or marker, sandpaper;
- angle grinder and hacksaw for metal;
- hammer, drill, screwdriver;
- nuts, bolts and drill bits for metal profile;
- machine for welding.
In addition, you’ll have to stock up on supplies for the manufacture of sliding stairs with your hands. They include a securing strap, caps for the uprights, glue for metal products, a metal sheet for the steps and other elements, a metal tube or profile.
If you want to manufacture a classic, versatile ladder, which perfectly replace the products from reputable manufacturers, such as Krause and Elkop, use the following sequence of actions:
- Draw a sketch of the product to focus on it.
- Cut four equal pieces from a pipe or profile with the size in height of your future instrument. Dispose rust or contamination with grinder.
- Cut stages from a metal sheet. Please note – they must be the same.
- All metal parts must be cleaned and treated with anti-corrosive agent.
- Stairs are attached to two uprights by means of welding or bolts and nuts.
- The uprights are welded to the stub at the top and the bottom. The edges should be handled with sandpaper in order to avoid unpleasant consequences.
- The lower racks are dressed up with rubber or plastic caps.
- The remaining two stands are connected with metal rails at the top and the bottom.
- The plate is welded perpendicular to the racks with no steps, and it will be the last step of the platform. The racks with steps are bolted with two metal plates, which are installed on the upper playground.
- Parallel stands are connected with belts. You have to drill holes in the metal it order to install them.
A tip for those who decided to make a ladder with their hands: two plates, which are installed in the final at the front with steps, should be screwed so that they can rotate freely. This can be achieved through the use of lock nuts. If you want to make the fixation more reliable, you should make small cuts on the level of support.
Then you can add decorative items on a stepladder and paint it. If you are diligent, you’ll have a tool that will rival with the models of Krause and Elkop.