Luxury forged stair railings create the aristocratic interior, impressing the guests with openwork patterns and decorative weave of complex drawings. They look effectively in combination with gold, silver and pearl spaying or painting. Exclusive projects highlight the status, style and taste of the owner.
Diversity of types of exclusive railings
Forging in the home interior is expensive; however, it is also exclusive and unique. Such elements give the traits of elegance to the house. Professionals realize the drawing, jointly developed by the customer and architect, considering all the necessary technologies and methods. Artists and designers work on the production of forged railings, developing the exclusive pattern and realizing the thin weave of lace. Forged railings visually add the notes of luxury and wealth to the premises.
Forging technology comprises several different methods of manufacture and implementation of handrails and railings. The photos and sequence of every type of forging allows the customer to figure out the details and choose the appropriate option for your own order. Unusual forging, elegant stair railings in the house or cottage create chic and add artistic spirit to the sketch project.
Main types of forging
There are two types of professional forging:
- Hot forging represents the technology of heating metal to the definite temperature and giving it the necessary curved shape. Warm steel is simple to modify and easily takes the line specified by the master.
- Cold forging is considered a cheaper way of building the railings. Forged stair railings are obtained by processing the metal without heat. Using the grinder and welding machine, you should cut the desired pattern and connect the parts of metal. It is more difficult to get the decorative and diverse drawings by means of cold forging.
Choice of metal for the forged products
Steel is considered the main element of forged products. It yields well to both hot and cold bending. If necessary, master can use the soft metals (brass, aluminum and copper) to complement and create the unique elements. If the pattern is so complicated that it’s impossible to make it by means of natural metal, you can use imitated forging of polymers.
It is essential to determine in advance, which elements of the scheme will be the main, and which areas will be attached additionally. It will facilitate the process of creation of the beautiful railings. Schemes developed by the designer are displayed on the photo and submitted to the customer for approval.
Styles of forged structures:
- Russian style implies forged elements for creating the staircase and railings with the use of floral pattern. The schemes combine petals, flowers and decorated core of the plants. In the photo, they look very harmonious and attractive in any color.
- Asymmetric modern includes the unusual steep lines, scattered over the schematic pattern. Voluminous forging and curls decorate the stair railings.
- Baroque includes intricate ornaments, flower garlands and baskets with the use of strips and schematic curls.
- Classicism is represented by the strict lines and correct forms. It’s the opposite of modern. Forging is performed in straight and clear-cut lines, so that the stair railings look completed and decorated.
- Empire is an austere style, performed in the straight and exact lines with geometric images.
In some options, the combinations of styles looks perfectly, the forging looks interesting, and the stair railings draw the visitors’ attention. Forged elements for the wooden stairs will always be in trend.
Combination of forged metal in the interior
- The best stair railings always blend in the external design of the whole premises. They must not be chosen by the color spectrum; however, they complement the product and draw attention.
- Forged railings harmonize with wood, giving the design warmth and special style and highlighting the color and shape of furniture in the house.
- The combination or artificial and natural stone with the colored forging looks attractive in the photo. It creates mysteriousness and transmits the gentle and delicate lines of the drawing.
- Plastic particles also fit well into the stair railings. When decorating the edge of the steps or the surface of railings, it adds zest and beauty to the scheme of the railings.
Rules for the care of forged products
Professional processing during installation and the follow-up care allow the structure to look neat for the longest maximum term. Antirust products and additional coverage with the ground layer must be performed before painting. Corrosion can be often seen in the photos. To make the stairs look elegant, you should use cleaning products and complex chemical compounds to remove the stains. Sandblasting is an important part of the care for the metal products.
Pictures of different styles and decoration are presented on the website for review and developing your own design. If you have the experience and know how to take care of the forged staircase, share your knowledge with our readers and comment the article. We offer those who want to study the topic in-depth to read the material about the forged stairs.