Choice and installation of staircase are not the last stages of home improvement. Modern plaster for the stair flights and landings, decoration and design of the canvas will help to complete the overall architectural and decorative composition of interior.
How to choose a suitable finishing?
The choice of materials and options depends not only on the structure of canvas. It is defined mainly by the premise interior and the house owner’s imagination. The photos of decorated staircases in our catalog can give you interesting ideas and help you choose the best solution.
Repair and finishing of the structure are intended to improve the performance characteristics, extend the functionality and increase safety. Ideally, design of the staircase should match the color scheme of the area or premises, but this is not a prerequisite. Textile elements and lamps (i.e. curtains and chandeliers) can both harmonize and be contrasted with facing.
Some options of design, decoration and repair are available only to the persons with specialized skills; inviting the professionals for finishing the staircase structures can cost you a lot of money, but in this case, the design project will give you an idea of the future interior.
Lamps, curtains and textile will help you decorate the space in the united style with the staircase, if you choose the decoration of a single shade or with equal thematic ornaments (pictured above).
Things you should take into accounts when choosing the finishing:
- users of the staircase (children, adults and older people);
- type and complexity of structure;
- need for sound insulation.
Canvas and steps on the outdoor territories can be originally decorated by means of lighting– various lamps will help you to create the right atmosphere.
Choice of materials
Options of finishing and repair of staircases must be chosen taking into account the features of premises interior (furniture, curtains and bedspreads). Metric area, lighting and stylistics– many factors suggest how to make the stairwell beautiful and comfortable. Correct location of lamps (point or figured lamps) will facilitate the movement at night (if you don’t have windows) and will help you to highlight the toning. The photos of finished models will help you reveal the best solutions and the most successful combinations of materials.
You can use the following materials for finishing and facing the steps:
- Soft coatings not only look respectable, but also absorb the footsteps perfectly. Carpets look great on the staircase in the front halls, but only families with children can appreciate all their advantages. In combination with protective felt coating, moquette can serve for years (with careful operation). Material significantly delays the repair of contact surfaces, while different plinths and clamps can facilitate the installation. You should choose the color of carpets to match the curtains to create the textile ensembles.
- Linoleum, laminate and rubber. Anti-slip finishing of treads is very easy to make. After the coating, your staircase will not just look more elegant, but also become much safer.
- Clinker, ceramics and porcelain stoneware considering the relief and texture of the surface can become a perfect finishing option for any staircase. Photos in the catalog will help you choose the tile collection to match the style of premises; you can choose the coating to match textile (curtains and tablecloths).
- Decorative coatings. Varnishes and paints will not make the stairs more comfortable and durable; however, they will definitely make them more beautiful. In combination with plaster, decorative coatings will make the steps water-repellent.
Your advice will help you decorate the staircase and redecorate the house with your own hands the most practical, skillful and original way, while your feedbacks and comments will make this article more useful.