Metal wall staircase, which can be located not only between the first and second floors of the cottage, but also outside (on the wall of a multi-storey building), is gaining more and more popularity. It is noteworthy that it can be made using a metal frame and tiles or glass.
Metal wall staircase has a number of advantages:
- Metal is a high-quality material. Even after the expiration of the operational period, it doesn’t wear out and maintains its presentation, which speaks of its durability.
- This material can bear any weight, regardless of the design of the staircase itself. Moreover, it doesn’t depend on weather conditions, house temperature and humidity. Therefore, you shouldn’t worry about corrosion and squeak caused by the sagging steps. However, the latter will be prevented by the strong and durable brackets connecting different elements to each other.
- Maintainability. Metal wall staircase is very easy to repair. If one stage fails, any master can replace it with a new one or repair it. Moreover, it isn’t necessary to change the bearing string after the expiration of the operational period.
- Metal is easier to paint in any color, which also affected its popularity. Pink, red, green, blue – modern technologies allow you to do everything. Another good news is that it is much easier to buy the handrails for the wall staircase than to make something out of wood. Another benefit of the wall staircase is that it can fit any interior design- from classicism to high-tech.
- It should be noted that a metal wall staircase can be attached to the facade and serve as an emergency staircase. Moreover, it can withstand a heavy load because it is quite strong, durable and corrosion-resistant.
Thanks to special additions, even the wall staircase can be folded or raised, which is often used for the manufacture of fire escapes. Don’t be afraid that the installation will not withstand the load, as the manufacturer puts a lot of effort into the manufacture of the brackets of this type.
The choice of design depends entirely on the total area. Thus, for small houses, it is better to choose the spiral staircases and develop the interior design and furniture arrangement to suit them. For large houses, it is better to use the marching structures. As for the direction of the centerline, here it will determine the design of the structure: swing, straight or spiral.
Metal products are more durable, wear-resistant, and less demanding in terms of maintenance. They are made according to the modern technologies, so it is easy to install them, as well as to assemble, disassemble or change a separate step. Besides, dismantling the frame allows the designers to create completely new solutions by adding glass, wood or even stone.
Handrails in such staircases are particularly required for the elderly or disabled persons. They’re also used in console models. You shouldn’t worry about the fastening of the handrails. They’re usually made of stainless steel; however, the material can change depending on the wall structure and the customer’s preferences. The most popular type of fastening is anchor.
If you want to add a bit of variety, you can make the brackets out of metal and the wooden handrails between them. Such solution looks very chic, especially if the whole interior is made in lounge or modern style.