Today, staircases have turned into an ordinary scene of the common multi-story buildings that don’t surprise anyone. Plainness of concrete stairs is not astonishing, but there are some components of the structure that force you to look at everything differently. These are the stair railings or handrails made of stainless steel. At the same time, their price is quite attractive, and they won’t need a repair for a very long time.
Benefits of stainless steel products
As a result of installation of such cheap elements as stainless steel railings, you can add different colors to their dull and boring appearance — from the strict and traditional to the modern and exciting. In particular, stainless steel stair railings are an integral component of many shopping and entertainment centers, facilitated by their cost.
The owners of cottages and private multi-story houses understood it, which could make the staircase look both universal and aesthetic (in the photo above).
Now, the use of stainless steel for the manufacture of different components is fashionable and prestigious. Therefore, today stainless steel handrails can be found in different places (in the photo below).
Cheap stainless steel has some indisputable advantages, which contribute to its widespread use.
- This is a very durable material— stainless steel railings can withstand heavy loads without deforming and needing repair for a long time. As such material has a high firmness, the railing is resistant to the mechanical effects.
- Stairs are resistant to rust, so the railings maintain their appearance for a long time of operation.
- Sparkling stainless steel railings blend in any interior decoration. Railings for the porch made of stainless steel are perfectly compatible with wood, concrete and glass.
Cheap stainless steel railings and handrails are quite effective and stylish. They are placed both in the public institutions and in the cottages.
Installation of stair railings
High-quality accessories for the stainless steel railings plays a central role. They determine the mechanical and aesthetic properties of the staircase, as well as a need of frequent repair. When building the house, you should devote equal amount of time to the mounting of stair components and the installation of the stairwell (in the photo below).
In a modern building, there are two types of installation of the stair railings: prefabricated and welded. Prefabricated models are mounted much faster. However, the use of glue not always yields great results during operation, and you’ll have to make repair very soon.
Welding combinations are more reliable. However, much depends on the skills of the person responsible for the installation (for example, whether the product will need a repair soon).
It may be noted that qualitatively made works in the application of reliable accessories guarantee extend the operating time.
Connection of railings to the stairwell (as well as the handrails to the railings) at a cheap price is done by different methods with the use of various accessories. For steel, you can use welding or bolted connection.
If the stairwell is made of concrete, it will also include such components as embedded plates (they are available at a cheap price). The handrails are mounted to them by means of welding. Accessories are also used to decorate the places of combining and make the operation of the staircase more reliable and comfortable. This is facilitated by the high-quality installation.
Besides it, the components of the stainless steel railings include handrails and racks. If the staircase is decorated with the glass components, you should add a highly durable glass. Its price is quite attractive, and the need of repair is minimal.
Stainless steel accessories
Accessories usually include the following decorative elements:
- flat or spherical plugs are placed at the end of the handrail or stringer (they are fixed both inside or outside the pipe);
- balls are fastened on the racks, which makes them look wonderful and elegant;
- decorative handrail bends are used in the places of alignment of the handrail components at an angle; they differ in diameters of the pipes combined;
- floor nickels or rack bottoms serve for the decoration of the places of alignment of the rack with the stairwell.
There are also fittings and components for combining separate parts of the staircase:
- decorative bends of the stringer provide the aesthetic appearance when combining the pipes, changing the direction, are marked along the inner diameter of the pipe;
- taps and pipes of different diameters and bend angles, are used for the beautiful and reliable combining of the stringer components at a specific angle;
- stringers (pipes of different diameters) are used in form of rails of the stairwell, whose photo you can find above.
If you are interested in this article (or if you have something to add), you can leave your comments below.