All types of formwork, regardless of the design, materials of load-bearing elements, turnover, and type of monolithic surfaces, must meet the following design requirements and provide:
- High strength and rigidity, which will ensure the preservation of the geometry of the design geometry and the dimensions of the casting when technological or installation loads act on the formwork;
- The design and overall accuracy of the casting, as well as the surface quality established by the technology;
- Minimum adhesion to concrete (except for fixed structures);
- Maximum turnover, which will significantly affect the cost of construction work;
- The optimal number of standard sizes of formwork parts, which will ensure quick and easy installation;
- Possibility of changeover of the formwork and its pre-assembly in the conditions of the working site (changing the configuration and dimensions of the formwork);
- Easy installation of embedded parts with accuracy that meets design requirements;
- Preservation in the process of pouring the minimum permissible gaps between the elements of the assembled formwork;
- Maintainability and interchangeability;
- Quick installation and dismantling of the formwork without disturbing the casting and formwork parts.
The formwork design must ensure not only the strength of the monolithic part but also the high quality of its surfaces.